Democracy under stress :
civil-military relations in South and Southeast Asia /
co-edited by Paul Chambers and Aurel Croissant.
|Other Authors:||Chambers, Paul., Croissant, Aurel, 1969-|
Bangkok, Thailand : Institute of Security & International Studies, Chulalongkorn University, 2010
–– South Asia.
Civil-military relations –– Southeast Asia.
Democracy –– South Asia.
Democracy –– Southeast Asia.
South Asia –– Politics and government –– 1980-
Southeast Asia –– Politics and government –– 1945-
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Paul Chambers, Aurel Croissant, Thitinan Pongsudhirak
- Civilian control of the military and democracy : conceptual and theoretical perspectives / Aurel Croissant & David Kuehn
- U-turn to the past? The resurgence of the military in contemporary Thai politics / Paul Chambers
- Under an iron heel : civil-military relations in Burma/Myanmar / Win Min
- Armed forces as veto power : civil-military relations in the Philippines / Katherine Marie G. Hernandez & Herman Joseph S. Kraft
- Civil-military relations in post-authoritarian Indonesia / Rizal Sukma
- Democratic ambitions under praetorian stress - civil-military relations in Pakistan / Siegfried O. Wolf & Seth Kane
- Factionalized by the past : the evolution of civil-military relations in Bangladesh / Siegfried O. Wolf.